- Are your customers continually asking for your HACCP certificate or Food Safety management system?
- Have you lost a customer because of your current food safety plan?
- Would you like to have confidence that all your food safety risks are under control?
- Does your retail operation need a Council registered Food Safety/ HACCP audit?
ICS can help....
Our qualified Food Safety consultants specialise in helping small to medium-sized businesses when they need to develop and maintain a lean and simple, cost-effective Food Safety Management System.
And it doesn't have to cost you a fortune - you can choose if you want us to help out with advice or, alternatively, do it all for you!- Whatever suits your needs and budget.
Our competent Food Safety auditors can also audit your existing Food Safety management system for compliance against a range of standards (such as BRC Global, SQF or ISO 22000).
An ICS qualified Food Safety management system consultant will also train your team and empower you to understand and make changes to your own system.
What are the benefits of implementing a Food Safety Management system and Food Safety certification?
When we manufacture food, we want to be sure that food is safe to eat. The best way of achieving this is by building a HACCP system.
Some of the benefits of having a HACCP system include:
- Confidence in safe product. The main benefit of HACCP is confidence. Confidence for ourselves that the food we make is safe.
- Cost Savings. One of the foundations of HACCP is setting up early detection of problems in the process line. This means that product that has a problem is detected more quickly and this can save a lot of money, as the problem can be contained before it spreads, gets sent out or mixes in with other clean product.
- Legal Protection. It has been widely accepted that HACCP based systems present the food industry with the most effective management tool to enable the production and supply of safe food. As such, the adoption of this approach can offer a legal defence in the event of an outbreak of food borne diseases.
- Training. HACCP helps with training new staff because it maps exactly what our processes are and where the important points are and what to do when something unusual happens.
- Entry to market. The larger the buyer, the more likely they are to insist that we have a HACCP based food safety system.
- Alignment with other management systems. HACCP forms the basis for all of the other main Food Safety management systems. That means that once HACCP is in place, it is easy to upgrade to meet specific buyer demands.
- Certification to one of the Food Safety standards provides your customers with the evidence that your system truly complies with the Standard and that it is being checked on a regular basis and audited by an independent authority. The certification audit is an opportunity to make ongoing improvements to your system. Many companies also find that Certification is a valuable marketing tool.
What our Food Safety auditors/consultants will do for you
ICS follow a series of clearly defined steps in developing or preparing your HACCP/ Food Safety Management system for certification.
The steps typically include the following:
- Undertake a detailed needs analysis:
- In consultation with your staff, your consultant will evaluate every step of your process and identify the strengths and weaknesses and where the risks are. They will determine exactly what is required for your organisation to achieve compliance with regulations and to create a system which is suitable for your organisation and as user-friendly as possible.
- Identify Critical Control Points:
- The next step is to establish what the potential hazards are at various points in the production process (Critical Control Points or CCP's) and to create a plan that will prevent them and/ or fix them if they happen (The HACCP plan).
- All relevant staff are then thoroughly trained in the reasons for/ and the requirements of the food safety management system according to your organisations and individual needs.
- Record keeping:
- Your consultant will then set up a simple system of records which shows how well you have been identifying, monitoring and eliminating hazards. This would include records of risks and how they are being controlled and what prevention programs are in place. Our qualified technologists base all of these measures on sound scientific knowledge.
- On-going assistance:
- We check in on you on a regular basis to ensure that the system is effective and to make any changes or improvements you require.