Here are a few suggestions:
- Start by researching your competitors and similar industries to see which ISO Certification body they have chosen.
- Consider whether an international certification body will better serve your company, particularly if the majority of your product is shipped overseas or you are looking to expand into internation markets.
- A local certification body will be easier to work with, especially if they are willing to meet with you in person.
- Ensure the body you choose specialises in the areas your business is in.
- Request a CV (and ideally referees) for the auditor who will be assigned to you, as not all auditors are equally proficient. You also have the right to request a different auditor if you are unhappy with the one who has been assigned to your firm.
Important: Ensure that the body you choose is accredited by JASANZ – otherwise your certification may not be worth the paper it’s printed on.
Keep in mind that ISO Certification is a for-profit business, and many ISO Certification bodies are focused on profits. Beware high-pressure sales techniques, “too good to be true” deals, or companies with little to no track record.
Did You Know?
At ICS, we offer a “Best Choice Certification Body” service to help you discover the right certification body for your needs. We do the research for you and find three highly relevant certification bodies who meet your criteria. Equipped with quotes for each provider, you can compare your options and ensure you make a well-informed decision.