Integrated Compliance Solutions – Ethical Sourcing & Social Audit Specialists
With increasing global demand and awareness, ethically sourced goods that are produced and purchased in a manner that demonstrates respect for the people who produce them, as well as for the environment, have become highly valued.
Integrated Compliance Solutions offers a number of certifications solutions that can help your business reduce duplication of effort in ethical trade auditing including:
- SEDEX Members Ethical Trade Audit (SMETA)
- SA8000 Standard
What are the benefits of an ethical sourcing audit?
An ethical sourcing and social responsibility audit can help your business to:
- Understand your social responsibility, including how you want to relate to employees, customers, and the society beyond your business.
- Define your business, including understanding your products and profit and your sustainability goals.
- Determine the social issues affecting your business, including those immediate and close to home, changing weather patterns and international conflict.
- Set social goals, and develop a plan to research social issues and identify solutions.
An ethical sourcing and social responsibility certification solutions can grow your business through:
- Reducing audit fatigue and costs by providing one format for audits that is widely accepted;
- Motivating your workforce, while improving efficiency in the workplace;
- Enhancing any ethical trading programmes your business currently has in place;
- Improving brand protection through a commitment to responsible sourcing; and
- Answering questions on ethical performance from non-government organisations and customers.
What is a SMETA audit?
One of the world’s most commonly used ethical audit formats, the Supplier Ethical Data Exchange (SEDEX) is a not-for-profit, web-based system designed to help organisations manage data on labour practices in their supply chain. SEDEX members have the benefit of being able to publish their SMETA audit reports directly on the SEDEX system for viewing by all customers.
Developed to provide guidance for both 2-Pillar and 4-Pillar audits, SMETA allows individual supply chains to choose their requirements.
A SMETA 2-Pillar audit comprises:
- Labour Standards
- Health and Safety
- Universal Rights covering UNGP
- Management Systems
- Entitlement to Work
- Subcontracting and Homeworking
A SMETA 4-Pillar audit contains:
- Labour Standards
- Health and Safety
- Business Ethics
What is SA8000 Compliance?
The SA8000 Standard is a leading social certification standard for factories and organisations across the globe. Established by Social Accountability International in 1997 as a multi-stakeholder initiative, the Standard has evolved into an overall framework that helps certified organisations demonstrate their dedication to the fair treatment of workers across industries and countries.
Anchored by a management system that drives continuous improvement in all areas of the Standard, SA8000 measures social performance in eight areas important to social accountability in workplaces including:
- Child Labour
- Forced or Compulsory Labour
- Health and Safety
- Freedom of Association and Right to Collective Bargaining
- Disciplinary Practices
- Working Hours
We make getting SMETA or SA8000 certified easy
Don’t know where to start with a documented ethical sourcing system? We can help. Our team of experienced consultants can help you understand the gaps between where you are, and where you want to be with your ethical sourcing audit, quickly and easily.
Taking the hard work out of understanding and meeting the SMETA and SA8000 guidelines, Integrated Compliance Solutions can provide you with lean, efficient system solutions at an operational level, and help you develop and implement an ethical sourcing audit system to meet your business needs.
Get a marketing edge over your competitors with ethical sourcing certification
Ethical sourcing certification can help you enter new markets and forge new partnerships through a clear demonstration of your commitment to ethical practices. Ethical and sustainable procurement also shows your customers, stakeholders and employees that you are committed to human rights and good labour practices.
What’s involved in an ethical sourcing audit?
Using a simple checklist approach to analyse your business, our experienced ethical sourcing consultants carry out on-site observations, conduct interviews with management and workers, inspect documents provided by manufactures, and present their findings in a SMETA Audit, or SA8000 Report. Based on the report, our experts can prepare a corrective action plan, outlining the improvements needed to achieve compliance.
Why use Integrated Compliance Solutions for your ethical sourcing audit?
Using industry experts, Integrated Compliance Solutions removes the pain and administrative burden from gaining and maintaining SMETA or SA8000 certification. Bringing a no-fuss, low document approach to compliance, Integrated Compliance Solutions makes conformance easy with an end-to-end solution for your business.
About Integrated Compliance Solutions
Integrated Compliance Solutions has been operating across Australia since 2007. We specialise in compliance solutions for small to medium businesses across every sector.
Founded by Heather Bienefelt, the Integrated Compliance Solutions team draws on over 150 years of collective experience. We know about all aspects of compliance, including ISO, AS, TS, OHS and more.
We have experience working with businesses in several industries. Our consultants will help identify what it is that you need, develop a plan to get you there and support you in achieving those goals.
Our consultants have backgrounds in several areas, including education, engineering, technology, hospitality and science. We are determined to add value to your bottom line.
At Integrated Compliance Solutions we have firm values that are the foundation of the way we conduct business. Our values are as follows:
- We believe in serving and supporting our clients, consultants, staff and stakeholders;
- We conduct ourselves ethically at all times;
- We believe in practicing excellence in all areas of our business;
- We advocate a positive culture focused on cultivating strengths and finding solutions;
- We aim to reduce complexity through integrated, efficient, effective systems;
- We are dedicated to innovation, learning and the sharing of knowledge;
- We believe in continuous improvement and productivity in terms of both business and personal growth;
- We believe in acting in a socially conscious manner, that involves fostering dignity, equality and respect.
Contact Us Today Regarding Sedex SMETA & SA8000 Audits
If you think your company could benefit from a SMETA, or SA8000 audit, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our expert team today. Our consultants are available Australia-wide to provide comprehensive and reliable solutions you can count on.
For a no-obligation chat about our ethical sourcing and social auditing support service or any other compliance matter, please contact us or give us a call on 1300 132 745.