Business Process Management (BPM) – also sometimes called Quality process improvement or Continuous Process Improvement is a methodology for improving efficiencies of business activities within an organisation through the application of proven analysis techniques.
Business Process Improvement methodologies are designed to bring about step-function improvements primarily in administrative and support processes.
As such, BPM complements the process approach implemented in existing management systems.
The effective implementation of Business Process Improvements can lead to:
- Cost reduction
- Productivity improvements
- Reduction in process inefficiencies
- Alignment of processes and business goals
- Enhanced customer service
- Improved customer retention, market share and stakeholder satisfaction