Over the last 10 years, ICS Consulting has grown from a one-person operation, to an organisation dedicated to making compliance efficient, affordable and easy.
With a team of 20 (and growing) consultants across Australia we complete numerous ISO certifications and related compliance projects every year.
Passionate about making ISO compliance fit YOUR business, our consultants seek to add value through industry expertise, solid communication and a can do attitude.
Our consultants’ comprehensive expertise includes: Integrated HSEQ management systems, Quality Assurance, IATF 16949, OHS and Environmental Management System development and auditing, Food Safety System development (HACCP/BRC/SQF) and auditing, Business Process Improvement, Product Certification, Risk Assessment, NATA certification and much more.
With our wide range of combined expertise, we are able to provide valuable insights and service to almost any industry or company type from small to medium size, heavy industry to service organisations.
Our Australia-wide consultants
- Are highly qualified: qualified lead auditors registered with either Exemplar Global or IRCA international or equivalent.
- Are experienced: with over 10 years experience auditing and consulting to all business types
- Have excellent interpersonal skills (both verbal and written): and are adept at putting your staff at ease.
- Are ethical: our consultants are trustworthy, have integrity and understand the importance of confidentiality
- Are conscientious professionals: are diligent and discerning in their analysis of your business needs and the generation of value adding solutions for your business.
- Specialise: in working with clients from diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
All of our consultants and auditors are experienced Exemplar Global (RABQSA) registered, qualified auditors or equivalent with great communication and presentation skills.
Our team is diverse and we have a wide range of industry experience. We can always find you a consultant who is ideal for you and who understands your business.
All of our staff communicate well and are supported by efficient systems; meaning there is always someone ready to respond quickly to your enquiry. Our consultants:
- have industry specific experience (usually 10 years +)
- are in every Australian State and offer remote consulting services
- are equipped and available to work quickly, autonomously and effectively.
Here is an introduction to some key members of our team.
Heather Bienefelt (Director)
B.A. (Eng), Grad Dip HR (Qual), Lead Auditor (RABQSA International) Food Safety and Quality Management
Principal of Integrated Compliance Solutions, Heather has been training, consulting and auditing for over fifteen years in sectors as diverse as education, food manufacturing, printing and packaging, automotive parts, healthcare and a wide range of other manufacturing, distribution and service industries.
A Lead Quality Assurance consultant and Food Safety Auditor, Heather specialises in the development, implementation, maintenance and auditing of ISO 9001 quality management systems and HACCP/Food Safety Management Systems from inception to certification and beyond.
Heather is also a qualified Certificate IV Trainer and Workplace Assessor, with extensive experience in the design and delivery of training programmes and workshops. Heather is responsible for the training and mentoring of ICS’s internal audit teams.
AUDITOR TRAINING ONLINE, AU: Auditing Management Systems; Lead Audit Teams; Virtual Auditing; Auditing Management Systems. NZ QUALITY COLLEGE: Traceability and Uncertainty in Measurement for Testing Laboratories; Quality Management Systems Internal Auditing. AUCKLAND UNIVERSITY, NZ: Project Management. MASSEY UNIVERSITY, NZ: Introduction to Sociology; Hematology Laboratory Science. WAIKATO INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Diploma Veterinary Nursing
- Kelly is a qualified, Exemplar Global Lead Auditor in Management Systems, specialising in ISO 9001:2015. With additional qualifications in internal auditing and uncertainty of measurement (ISO 17025:2017), Kelly is also a volunteer NATA technical assessor and a volunteer committee member for Standards Australia.
- More recently, Kelly has undertaken training in the delivery and maintenance
of ISO 27001
- Kelly has 20+ years’ experience leading teams through certifications within a
variety of industries in Australia, New Zealand, and the UK
- Kelly specializes in working in a clear and ethical way with businesses who wish to maintain Quality Management Systems that are user friendly, efficient, and true to the strategic direction and vision of the business
- Kelly has a strong interest in the sciences and continuing education. She has completed studies in Haematology Medical Laboratory Science, Veterinary Health Science, Social Science & Project Management, previously holding technical and quality management positions within the Veterinary, Biosecurity, Medical Oncology and Scientific Laboratory environments, contributing to giving her a well-rounded and open perspective to auditing
- Kelly assists clients to achieve ISO 9001:2015 certifications within a variety of industries including most recent projects within Veterinary Laboratory, Military Services, Food Manufacturing and Electric Vehicle manufacturing.
- Kelly is passionate about the implementation and continual improvement of
Quality Management Systems with over 20 years’ experience within quality
system development and tender/grant applications throughout Australia, NZ
and the UK and currently engaged in the directorship of a consultancy
Swinburne University of Technology: Diploma in OHS Management, 2012. University of Ballarat: Certificate IV in OHS, 2006. Other: OHS Management System, Quality Systems, and Environmental Management System; Environmental Management in Civil Construction. Lead Auditor OHSMS, QMS, EMS. Certified Wellness Practitioner
- Karen specialises in adding value to your business through embedding health
and safety (OHS / WHS), environmental, quality and equal opportunity /
industrial relations processes into existing business processes so that you can
successfully start-up or grow your business. Karen helps you achieve third party
pre-qualification, accreditation or certification, assist with compliance
management, and create a safer working environment so that you have a
sustainable and profitable business.
- Karen is also an expert in OHS, environmental and quality management system development and implementation, with the approach of streamlining,
simplifying and integrating (Integrated Management Systems [IMS]) where
more than one system is required. She is also now skilled up as a Certified
Wellness Practitioner to help clients with psychosocial health and wellbeing of their people.
- Karen has over 20 years’ experience in health and safety, quality and
environmental consultancy, compliance reviews, auditing, systems and risk
management. Specialising in helping small-medium business owners build on their strengths to win tenders of higher value, get certified to Australian/International Standards, meet third party or legal obligations, and
create a safer sustainable business.
- Karen has worked successfully in partnership with SME, including civil construction contractors, housing and commercial construction, guardrail installations and maintenance, rail engineering and maintenance, architects, transport and infrastructure, builders and trades, Principal / Head Contractors and Subcontractors. Karen has also worked with large
businesses including toll road operators, water corporations and electrical infrastructure/renewable energy owners.
- Establishing or reviewing Compliance Legislative Registers online – (OHS / WHS, Environmental, Quality, Fair Work / Equal Opportunity, Corporate, Industry specific, Psychosocial etc.), for currency, adding any new requirements or amending for changes, evaluating these changes and suggesting actions for clients to take. Across Australia and NZ.
- On-site or remote advice, documents, systems, audits, legal compliance registers, contractor management, risk management and other services for numerous companies in energy, electrical, road, rail maintenance, architectural and design, telecommunications, commercial and residential building industry.
- Conducting various audits, including internal audit, DTP compliance audits, ISO gap audits, compliance evaluations audits, VIC Env laws gap analysis, and psychosocial audits.
- Development and implementation of Integrated Management Systems for successful achievement of certification to OHS (AS/NZS ISO45001), Environmental (ISO14001) and Quality (ISO9001) for various civil construction contractors and maintenance providers.
- Establishment and implementation of systems and documents and collation of evidence for pre-qualification with third parties (e.g. VicRoads / Dept of Transport and Planning, Construction Supplier Register, MTM, VLine, ARTC.
- Karen has been a member of ICS for 14 years and has witnessed the business growing from strength to strength.
- Having had over 30 years’ experience in administration and sales support and having highly developed skills and qualifications, Karen undertakes a key role within ICS.
- She is responsible for managing the internal administration operations within the business including supervising admin staff to ensure that all sales processes are conducted in a timely manner and to a high standard. Karen is also responsible for implementing system improvements including streamlining existing processes and she manages the company’s CRM.
- As the business continues to expand, Karen also takes on the responsibility of hiring new members to the team, identifying personnel requirements, sourcing and interviewing candidates and partaking in candidate selection.
Diploma in Quality Auditing; Associate Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering; Advanced Certificate in Electronics; Certificate in Vocational Training; Advanced Certificate in Electrical Engineering; Cert IV in Competitive Manufacturing; LEAN Manufacturing Training
- Dean is an experienced Quality + Health and Safety consultant with extensive communication and leadership skills
- He has a sound understanding of business processes, along with production planning skills and precise management of installations and projects, through his knowledge of business improvement methods consistent with LEAN – this is accompanied by thirteen and a half years of disciplined employment with the Royal Australian Air Force
- With practical experience in manufacturing and defence industries, Dean has been responsible for maintaining quality management systems in accordance with ISO standards
- Dean has been involved in a number of organisations accredited with ISO 9001 + ISO 45001 and undertaken LEAN training which enabled him to see the benefits of how both of these can improve the operations within organisations
- He assists clients in the development, maintenance and auditing functions of their ISO 9001 Quality Management systems, plus catering for companies that require assistance with their ISO 14001 Environmental and ISO 45001 WHS Management systems
- Dean has developed and implement a strategy that will advance the adoption of LEAN methods of manufacturing plus established a culture where all employees understand, support and enthusiastically contribute to process improvements and LEAN implementation.
Bachelor of Business & Commerce University of Western Sydney; Lead ISO Auditor; Member of the Australian Institute of Project Management; Certified Practicing Project Manager (CPPM); Diploma of Building & Construction (Building); Certificate IV in Building & Construction; Fair Trading Contractor Builder’s License #385466C; ISO 9001 Quality Essentials Statement of Attainment; ISO 45001 Safety Essentials Statement of Attainment
- Mina is an experienced professional with over 13 years’ experience in in ISO Accreditation, Management and Business Development
- She has developed excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills with a proven ability to positively engage customers to deliver successful business outcomes
- Mina has previously worked as a management consultant and auditor of ISO 9001, ISO 45001, and ISO 14001 with the ability to provide extensive background knowledge on adapting change within an organisation
• Mina adheres to business models that facilitate rapid adoption of new systems and processes in relation to ISO Accreditations & WHS Management Systems
- Throughout her career, Mina has contributed to impacting business outcomes through effective organization, prioritization, and execution of key projects and in previous roles, she has exercised a calculated and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Mina is knowledgeable in operations management and business analysis with proficiency in policy and her professional goals align with the company’s mission and values
- Mina is dedicated to mentoring and helping others gain success as this is what she finds rewarding about her role as a consultant/auditor
- Her enthusiasm, dedication and desire to improve operations can help her improve any company’s performance.
BE (Chemical) Hons University of Melbourne; Grad. Diploma (Quality Management) RMIT; Challenge Assessment (OHS) Curtin University; Professional Member AIHS; Construction White Card VIC; External Assessor for ISO14001, ISO45001 and ISO14001
- Frank is a chemical engineer, having applied his technical and process skills
in the petroleum, chemical and mining industries.
- He is an effective project manager who by using a highly developed ability
to plan, lead, organise and control, is able to deliver value-added end to end
- He has experience with internal audits and is responsible for implementing
audit programs covering ISO-based management systems for Quality, OHS
- He has provided technical support and audit services to operational mine
sites in Australia and Asia for the maintenance of their ISO-based
management systems for Quality, OHS and Environment.
- Frank has more than 20 years of experience in improving business processes through a collaborative approach with stakeholders.
- Working for leading JAS-ANZ accredited Certification Assessment Bodies for
over 25 years, Frank provided third party assessment services against the
ISO-based management systems standards for Quality, OHS and
Environment and conducted lead auditing covering a portfolio of Australian
and overseas clients at various stages in the certification process in a range
of industries such as mining, petroleum, chemical, architectural firms,
manufacturing, construction and service.
- Identified and managed the engagement of an independent agency
(Institute of Internal Auditors Australia) to audit and review the internal
audit program of an international mining company. The review involved
interview of stakeholders, a survey and review of documentation. A 90%
compliance against international standards (IPPF) was achieved, with
commendations from the independent auditors.
- Frank takes charge of improvement projects and manages their delivery
through to full implementation; setting project objectives, developing
implementation plans, defining responsibilities, monitoring against plans,
reporting to stakeholders, applying risk and assurance processes.
- He enjoys challenging the ‘business as usual’ processes through assessing and evaluating, determining the ‘value-add’, collaborating with stakeholders and getting them on board, providing effective communication, applying a ‘hands on’ and interactive leadership style that aims to optimize the capacity and productivity of people.
- Frank works effectively with stakeholder teams and executive and middle management to achieve agreed deliverables, building long and trusted relationships with stakeholders, coaching and mentoring, capacity building through effective training delivery and field observation.
- Frank has provided business improvement consulting primarily in the area of integrated management systems based on ISO9001, ISO45001 and ISO14001 in most industries and sectors.
- His skills include the design and application of effective and sustainable governance and risk mitigation processes, monitoring and reporting to executive management, assurance through review and independent audit processes, and associated corrective actions management.
- With over 25 years of client and account management experience, Charlene is committed to gaining an understanding of clients needs and assist with developing tailored solutions that align with their business goals.
- She is most likely to be the first person you speak to when reaching out to ICS as she helps navigate the complex landscape of compliance.
- Charlene works closely with clients to understand the individual requirements and fosters strong relationships to ensure we deliver high-quality compliant solutions to all.
Lead Auditor in OHS ISO 45001:2018 & ISO 19011:201 – SAI Global; BSBAUD411 Participate in quality audits; BSBAUD511 Initiate quality audits; BSBAUD512 Lead quality audits; BSBAUD513 Report on quality audits; Exemplar Global- OH 45001; ICAM Lead Investigator Training; Exemplar Global-AU Exemplar; Management Systems Auditing; Global-TL Leading Management Systems Audit Teams; Cert IV Work Health and Safety; ETACO Awareness Training: ISO 45001:2018, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 9001:2015
- Adam is a skilled Consultant with 6 years of expertise in guiding businesses
through operations, client IMS construction, maintenance, and support.
With a career rooted in various industries, Adam excels at elevating
business systems and cultures to amplify productivity and compliance. He
possesses a deep-seated passion for Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) and is dedicated to expanding his knowledge to serve diverse industries.
- Adam works with companies to improve their business systems
& culture to increase productivity and compliance focusing on:
- (ISO 45001:2018 Safety Management Systems)
- (ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems)
- (ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems)
- Chain of responsibility
- Adam has had a successful career in a variety of industries. He
first began at an early age working in the family business building
and managing client’s management systems.
- Adam has had plentiful experience as a project Manager and IMS
Coordinator, organising business operations, client IMS
construction, maintenance & support and resource management
to achieve smooth flow and project operations.
- Knowledgeable in policies and procedures, Safety, Quality and
Environmental ISO certification requirements, on and off-site
audits as well as management system monitoring and
- In all of his roles Adam had a great passion for OHS and
compliance and in the past few years has dedicated himself to
persue higher learning of work health and safety and will
continue to explore what Occupational Health and Safety means
to every industry.
- Adam has involvement with VicRoads Prequalification
Applications and Submissions, Hazardous construction and
operation risk assessments, and especially on-site safety audits
In addition, we have a range of other consultants working across various industries who bring a variety of expertise to our team. Find out more about the industries we work in below.