IATF 16949 Quality Automotive Standard Consultants
IATF 16949 is an internationally recognised standard applicable to organisations involved in the manufacture of cars, trucks, (light, medium or heavy), buses and motorcycles as well as the relevant Service and Parts Organisations.
The standard includes the process of making or fabricating:
- Production materials;
- Production or service parts;
- Heat-treating, welding, painting, plating or other finishing services.
Transitioning From ISO/TS 16949 to the New Quality Automotive Standard IATF 16494
As of September 2018, organisations that previously gained ISO/TS 16949 certification were required to update their compliance to meet the new IATF 16949:2016 standard revisions.
By completing a gap analysis, businesses can determine areas of improvement that need to be addressed if they wish to achieve accreditation with IATF 16949.
IATF 16949:2016 has introduced the need for greater alignment with ISO 9001:2015 guidelines. To meet the requirements of IATF 16949:2016, in fact, your business will also need to be in compliance with ISO 9001:2015. It is important to note that, because of this, IATF 16949 is not a self-sufficient quality management standard.
By becoming IATF 16949 certified, your business can ensure that you are performing exceptionally and operating at the frontier of automotive quality.
For expert assistance achieving compliance with the latest IATF 16949 standard, get in touch with our experienced team of consultants today. We can help you effectively integrate the IATF 16949 Quality Automotive Management System into your current processes, operate at best practice and achieve your organisational goals.
How does an IATF 16949 Gap Analysis work?
An IATF 16949 auditor/consultant will complete a detailed review of your systems to measure the success of the company’s management system in terms of the following objectives:
- Achieve continual improvement
- Prevent defects
- Reduce variation and waste in the supply chain.
- Meet customer-specific requirements and boost satisfaction
- Increase efficiency
- Motivate and engage staff organisation-wide
The IATF 16949 Process Approach
- The IATF 16949 standard promotes adoption of what is termed the ‘process approach’ when developing, implementing and improving the effectiveness of a quality management system to enhance customer satisfaction by meeting customer requirements.
- For applicable organisations to function effectively (i.e. the process approach,) they have to identify and manage numerous linked activities.
- This means that, to be considered a process, activities need to specifically manage resources and enable the transformation of inputs into outputs. Often the output from one process directly forms the input to the next.
Interested in Becoming IATF 16949 Certified?
To receive professional guidance from specialist IATF 16949 consultants, speak with our team at Integrated Compliance Solutions today by calling 1300 132 745.