The Local Capability Fund (LCF) is designed to help SMEs in Western Australia with various expenses.
The fund aims to increase the capability, capacity and competitiveness of Western Australian businesses as they supply products, services and works to government and major projects.
The LCF is welcome news for Western Australian SMEs looking to get certified with national and international standards.
Under the fund, businesses can have eligible costs of up to $20,000 covered when getting ISO certified. This includes the costs associated with engaging external expertise and carrying out third party certification.
This funding makes certification more accessible and affordable for SMEs across Western Australia.
The program covers the following standards:
- ISO 9001 – Quality management
- ISO 14001 – Environmental management
- ISO 45001 – Health and safety management
- ISO 27001 – Information security
- ISO 50001 – Asset management
- AS/NZS 5131 – Steel industry compliance