Here at Integrated Compliance Solutions, we specialise in helping mature businesses develop and maintain lean, practical ISO management systems which make the best use of what’s already working well. Our expert team know the ISO standards but more importantly we know business, and for that reason we make a point of assigning you a consultant who has experience in working in your industry.
So how compliant are your systems to ISO and what’s missing? How much will it take to fill the gaps? These are the questions an ISO gap assessment can answer. However, when we conduct a system gap analysis for you, we don’t just point out the gaps and leave you to work out the rest as many consulting companies do. As part of the day we spend with you, we also train you in the requirements and help you come up with intelligent practical strategies which both meet ISO compliance and are designed to keep your business efficient as you grow.
Continue reading or contact us today for more information about our Australia-wide service.
What is a Quality Gap Analysis and how does it work?
An ISO or Quality Gap Analysis assesses how fully you comply with any given standard and details the gaps you should work on. Ideally it also tells you what you need to fill the gaps with and provides an action plan and adds value in terms of improvement suggestions. For example, an ISO 2015 gap analysis identifies anything you need to do in order to be eligible for certification to the new Quality and Environmental standards
We have helped hundreds of businesses around Australia needing an ISO gap analysis for a range of standards including:
- ISO 9001 (Quality)
- ISO 14001 (Environmental)
- ISO 45001 (new OHS standard)
- TS 16949 (Quality- Automotive)
- ISO 13485 (Quality- medical devices)
- ISO 26000 (Corporate Social Responsibility)
- ISO 27001 (Information security)
- AS 9100. (Aerospace)
If you don’t see what you are after in this list, ask us. We have a huge network of gap analysis ISO experts to draw on across Australia.
What are the benefits of doing a gap analysis for ISO prior to setting up your system?
- If your business has substantial existing systems or you have been in business for a number of years, there are many advantages to starting your ISO management system development with an ISO Gap Analysis from an experienced consultant.For a relatively small investment in time and money, an ISO Gap audit can tell you how far you are away from your goal and what investment of time, money and effort you will need to get there. It can help you decide if it’s worth going ahead and help you plan the project.
- If your business has been around for a while, you probably already have some systems and some “ways of doing things” that work for you, even if they are not documented. So, when you decide to get ISO certification, you probably don’t want to start all over from scratch. It’s much smarter to work with at least the best of what you have, building on your existing strengths. You may be pleasantly surprised that your systems are more compliant than you realised.
- You can do a gap analysis yourself from a template checklist, but a Gap audit from an expert consultant will save you time and effort in the long run. ISO consultants know exactly how to meet the requirements for a range of areas, such as ISO 9001 and 14001 2015. Help from a professional will save you from over documenting the process, as they will know what is necessary and what isn’t. Once the gap audit is completed, you can take the actions steps report and DIY- confident that you are on the right track.
How our unique System Gap Analysis process works
First, we review all your existing documentation and processes against the requirements of the relevant ISO standard(s).
This is done through viewing your documentation either on-site or remotely and by asking questions of someone on your team who is across most of the system.
We will then document our findings in a gap assessment matrix with columns describing all the clauses of the standard, how much you comply (not at all/partially/fully) and why.
A summary report brings together the key findings- strengths, weaknesses and the way forward. By the end, you will have a very clear idea of where your system is in terms of compliance and what’s missing.
During the gap assessment, the consultant will explain any missing requirements and how you might fill these gaps in a practical, cost-effective way- as far as possible using EXISTING systems and integrating the requirements into these.
From experience, this is by far the most effective way to reach compliance and have a workable system going forward.
We will discuss with you which of these you may wish to complete yourself and which would be better for the consultant to complete, depending on your needs and budget.
We will then quote you a fixed cost on the work we are proposing to do for you.
- Gap assessment matrix: detailing level of compliance against each clause of the standard (full/partial/not at all)
- Summary report: bringing together key findings, such as strengths, weaknesses and the way forward.
- Understanding: of the requirements of the standard(s) and how to meet them in simple, practical and cost-effective ways which won’t become a burden or distract from the running of the business
- Fixed cost quote: for the remainder of the work to reach compliance based on your preferences.
Speak to one of our consultants today
Along with an ISO gap analysis, we at ICS can provide comprehensive integrated management system development, ISO internal audits or maintenance and a range of other services to assist you to meet your compliance requirements, ensuring that your business can grow and achieve its goals. With more than 10 years in the industry, our ISO consultants understand how to structure your management system to fit your unique needs, helping you to streamline for greater efficiency.
Contact us today on 1300 132 745 for more information on our services, or to organise an ISO gap analysis for your business.